Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if my property suffers damage?

You need to file a claim with your insurance company ASAP. Typically an insurance policy requires you to promptly notify your insurance carrier.

Additionally, take photographs of any damage to the interior and exterior of your home. Especially if you have to perform emergency or temporary repairs. Your policy will typically require you to perform mitigation to avoid further damage.

Have a public adjuster, contractor, or damage expert assess the property.

Contact Tarnovsky Law if your insurer is wrongfully delaying, denying, or underpaying your claim.

Do I need to hire an attorney for my insurance claim?

When an insurance company wrongfully delays, denies, or underpays your claim, it is recommended you consult with an experienced insurance claim attorney to review your options.

In some cases, property insurance claims are handled promptly and fairly. These instances do not require an attorney, as insurance companies are honoring their obligations to the policyholder under the conditions of the policy.

Contact Tarnovsky Law today and we will help answer all of your questions and concerns!

If my property damage claim has been denied can an attorney still help?

Absolutely, yes!

The law requires that insurance companies act in good faith and deal fairly with policyholders. Sometimes, however, an insurance company may act outside the scope of the policy or applicable law. In these situations, our courtroom experience allows us to hold insurance companies accountable for unreasonable tactics and bad-faith insurance practices.

What type of claims could be covered by my insurance policy?

Several types of damage can be covered by your policy that you might not be aware of. This could include damage caused by Hurricane Damage, Roof Leaks, Water Damage, Plumbing Breaks, Fire and Smoke Damage, Vandalism, Hail, Theft, Mold, and Wind Damage.

We represent individuals, families, and business owners against insurance companies. We work to maximize the recovery of your insurance claims while taking the burden off of you.

Insurance policy language and laws are complicated. As lawyers, we have years of education and training that help us understand these policies and laws.

In addition to representing property owners, our attorneys have experience representing multiple AAA-rated insurance carriers. This prior experience gives Tarnovsky Law a special skill set to effectively evaluate and negotiate your claim from a position that others cannot.

Unlike insurance companies, we’ve got you covered! Contact Tarnovsky Law today!

What are my policy limits?

The maximum amount of money an insurance company will pay for a covered claim is determined by your insurance coverage limit.

There may also be time limits within which you have to file a claim for incurred damage(s).

Have you experienced Commercial or Residential Property damage?
Mon – Fri: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM